Position Statement of TPN.PB within West Papua Army (WPA)
Our history of liberation movement within 58 years (1961-2019) should be noted by this generation who continue the struggle as our history is our base in defending our identity and existence of our big nation, and also to unite as well as to maintain our close relationships among each other as countrymen.
Based on our experiences and due to the current needs for political campaigns both internally and internationally, we urge all parties, political, diplomatic and military organizations of West Papua to realize and unite within One Agenda, Strategy and Movement of our National Liberation, by setting aside our personal and group interests that will hinder and jeopardise our work that unifies the struggle of West Papuan peoples.
History notes that the Civilian and Military unification processes that have already taken place such as the formation of Papoea Vrijwillingers Korps (PVK), or Papua Volunteer Corps, February 21st, 1961 in Holandia, Union of New Guinea Council on April 5th, 1961 in Holandia, Papuan Peoples’ Congress I, 1961, in Port Numbay, Cassowary Corps, April 19th, 1964 in Mnukwar, Union of Free Papua Movement Organisation 1965, in Mnukwar, Unification of TPN-OPM, July 1st, 1971, in Victoria, HQs, Unification of PEMKA OPM, Mr. Jacob H. Prai and Marvic OPM Leader Mr. Zeth J. Roemmkorem, 1985, in Vanuatu, Unification of OPM. TPN with PEMKA and MARVIK, 1998, in Scotiau, Papua New Guinea, Papuan Peoples’ Congress II, 2000, in Port Numbay, and others, all these never resulted in long-term unified force due to internal frictions that brought about divisions among fighters primarily due to personal and group interests that could not be compromised among parties.
These internal fictions and divisions has been used by our opponents, the colonial Indonesian government to divide and rule and finally destroy our national liberation struggle that have been build at local, regional and international levels, costing our resources, be it goods, time, energy and our own lives within this 58 years of struggle.
The following statements are made based on the mandates from Commander in Chief of the TPN Regional Commanders (KODAM) Mr. Zeth J. Roemkorem and Commander in Chief of TEPENAL Defence Headquarters (KODAP), Mr. Jacob H. Prai, alongside with Military Council of Regional Commanders, who became the Founders, Actors and Executors of the “Organisasi Papua Merdeka (OPM)” that was jointly declared and signed on February 19th, 1964 in Mnukwar. They also proclaimed the “Declaration of Independence of the Republic of West Papua” on July 1st 1971 in Great Waris, Port Numbay, West Papua. We are still active in guerrilla activities across the Isle of New Guinea and we hereby state that:
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB) is party to the Military Internal Reconciliation and Consolidation and thus have decided to Unite within One Agenda of Liberation Movement, One Military Command in the name of West Papua Army (WPA), and unite within one Command Structure under the United Liberation Movement for West Papua (ULMWP) as the Organisation in our movement responsible for political campaigns.
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB) hereby refuses the Agenda of Dialogue between West Papua and Indonesian colonial government, that are being organised by various parties, individually or in group, who are also using the name TPN-OPM West Papua.
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB) strongly refuses personal statement of Mr. Jeffry Bomanak Pagawak, or Bomanak Wenabur who uses his own personal name as the Chair of OPM-TPN Wet Papua, as all know that there has never been any OPM or OPM-TPN Congress or ceremony that officially and publicly appointed Mr. Jeffry Bomanak Pagawak or Bomanak Wenabur as the Chair of OPM-TPN. All procedures and criteria do not qualify as stipulated in July 1st 1971 Constitution do not qualify Jeffry Bomanak Pagawak as the Chair of OPM-TPN.
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB), refuses the outcome of the TPN.PB Congress in 2012, held in Perwomi HQs, Biak, West Papua, and refuses the outcome of the congress, including the Structure and Administration of the Command, which was set up and held by the National Committee of West Papua (KNPB). Therefore, Mr. Sebby Sambom who have been declaring himself as the Spokesperson of the TPN.PB and Mr. Terianus Satto as the Chief of Staff of the TPN.PM, we hereby declare they are not official and therefore illegal. Therefore, we have repeatedly declared publicly that military activities and those who have died as the outcome of the actions in Puncak Jaya were carried out based on the TPN.PB Summit in 2006, in Lima Jari HQs, Tingginambut, Puncak Jaya, based on the order of General Goliat Tabuni and Secretary-General Anton Tabuni.
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB) urges Mr. Jeffry Bomanak Pagawak or Bomanak Wenabur, Mr. Sebby Sambom and Mr. Terianus Satto to withdraw all the statements made recently against West Papua Army (WPA) and the ULMWP and make public apology to the public in West Papua and international community due to the public lie that has been spread across the globe via mainstream media, social media, printed and electronic media.
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB) fully supports the Self-Determination Agenda being put forward by the ULMWP leaders through the Government of the Republic of Vanuatu, and the MSG member-states and other Pacific countries.
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB) refuses statements in the media that we are newly formed military commands as the military commands of TPN.PB, WPRA or TRWP and TNPB have been here in the struggle since the Declaration of Cassowary Battalion April 19th, 1964, and Declaration of OPM in 1965 both in Mnukwar as well as the Proclamation of the Republic of West Papua on July 1st, 1971 in Great Waris, Port Numbay, far before the formation of the ULMWP based on Saralana Declaration December 6th, 2014. We took our own initiatives to unite with the political campaigns by the ULMWP and organised Extra-Ordinary Congress of West Papua Military Commands as requested the ULMWP to take steps to facilitate our internal consolidation efforts.
- Tentara Pembebasan Nasional Papua Barat (TPN.PB) refuses the unilateral statement by Mr. Vicky Yeimo who admits himself as the International Spokesperson of the KNPB, as we understand that KNPB was established as the vocal centre for civil movement and media propaganda tool for all West Papuan people, therefore, KNPB should take a neutral stand on this military affairs. KNPB should become mediator among the different command structures and not siding to one or the other. KNPB should help all commanders understand the importance of the May 1st, 2019 Declaration regarding the Unification of Military Commanders and Commands: TPB.PB, TRWP/ WPRA and TNPB.
May this Statement be known to and understood by all West Papuans and international community.
Issued in : TPN.PB Central Headquarters
On Date : July 05th, 2019
West Papua Nation Liberation Army
TENTARA PEMBEBASAN NASIONAL PAPUA BARAT